Coordinator, Circulation Services
River Grove, IL
Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking a Coordinator, Circulation Services, to join our team.
Triton College is a collaborative environment where all employees are respected and their talents are valued. Triton supports its diverse workforce of more than 1,600 employees by providing vast professional development opportunities that encourage input and creativity. Generous benefits are available to ensure the health and wellness of employees and their families - and ample paid time off allows for a work/life balance that promotes personal and professional growth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: Supervises, trains and evaluates clerks and hourly staff in daily operation and maintenance of the circulation desk.
1. Oversees daily operation and maintenance of periodical and circulation desks including:
a. Use of charging/discharging system.
b. Preparation of overdue notices.
c. Execution of remote borrowing transactions.
d. Collection of daily periodical & circulation statistics
e. Maintains and updates on-line patron file.
f. Scheduling of all circulation personnel.
2. Hires, evaluates, supervises and trains Library Technology & Circulation Assistants, student aides, and hourly employees and clerical staff in duties listed above.
3. Clears patron fines, restricts records of patrons with fines and notifies collection agency and absolves minor fines.
4. Writes statistical reports relating to inter-library loans, circulation department activities, fines and library usage for presentation to the board.
5. Supervises the movement of materials within shelves, inventories, and searches for misplaced material.
6. Processes requests for inter-library loans.
7. Assists patrons with location and use of materials.
8. Performs other job-related duties, including preparing reports.
EDUCATION: Associate's degree
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years work experience in circulation systems
SKILLS: Ability to effectively communicate with students and staff
To apply, please visit our website at:
Triton College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.