Under the supervision of the Head of Circulation, the Public Services Assistant provides high level of service to the public while offering support services to staff.
- Performs a full range of circulation desk procedures using an automated circulation system.
- Performs patron registration and maintains records of library patrons.
- Assists the patrons in using library technology, including online databases, e-content, mobile apps, and the internet.
- Assures accurate library shelving of books and periodicals by shelf reading and re-shelving, as necessary.
- Performs routine repairs on books and other holdings.
- Handles routine interactions with the public and answers a variety of questions at the circulation desk.
- Answers telephones and provides routine information or refers and transfers calls.
- Will collaborate with staff in special projects and events.
- Assists with library program preparation and implementation, as directed.
- Participates in professional development and networking activities online and in person.
- Represents the Library in a positive and constructive manner.
- Set up of library facilities for use by staff and patrons; Performs facility opening and closing duties.
- Keeps informed on new PrairieCat practices and procedures and changes in library procedures.
- Will attend one (1) library board meeting a year.
- Assumes other duties and projects as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent.
Customer service and cash handling experience is preferred.
Ability to push and pull library book trucks weighing 50 lbs.
Carry up to 25 lbs. of books across the library.
Stand for a long time in one area.
Bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves.
Flexibility with schedule
To apply, please send your resume to Barb Posinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.