Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Biomedical Searcher conducts research and analysis utilizing specialized databases to answer complex inquiries including creating customized bibliographies and organizing clinical data from published research into reports, graphics, tables and other customized deliverables. The preferred location for this role is Abbott Park, IL, however other Abbott locations, or remote work, may be possible depending on candidate experience.
- Performs systematic literature searches to support regulatory requirements across all Abbott's businesses;
- Supports project-based research, including searches related to competitive intelligence;
- Creates literature search strategies, reviews/appraises results, summarizes/analyzes pertinent clinical literature and develops client-ready deliverables that answer the question;
- Develops and maintains knowledge and understanding of diagnostics, pharmaceutical, nutrition and medical device subject matters;
- Creates and monitors current awareness on industry related topics;
- Monitors, updates, and improves knowledge and expertise with respect to information research tools and resources
- Bachelors' Degree in the medical, biological, physical or engineering disciplines required, advanced degree in a science discipline or an MLS preferred with at least 2-5 years relevant experience in healthcare, lab or library setting. A clinical background combined with an MLS, a bench scientist with a strong proficiency for secondary research or those with medical writing experience are encouraged to apply.
- Strong proficiency of secondary research tools and information retrieval techniques using databases such as Medline, Embase, Cochrane, etc. and platforms such as STN, Dialog, Scopus, Dimensions
- Previous experience with CERs and related regulatory documents and/or with developing search strategies for systematic literature reviews (SLRs) highly preferred.
- Previous experience with software to support the core process steps for systematic literature reviews (e.g. Distiller, Coevidence) and/or Endnote or other bibliographic management software preferred.
- Ability to review, analyze and synthesize technical information
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with clients to develop solutions that meet expectations and deliver value
- High customer focus, flexibility, initiative, ability to prioritize workload, high accuracy, diligence and a fast responder
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well in a team and in an individual capacity, and willingness to take the lead on initiatives or as assigned
- Ability to quickly learn, and continuously develops talent and skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional attitude to allow agile and proactive responses to changing business demands and opportunities
- Fluency in English (any other language is an advantage)