Digital Media Supervisor
The Joliet Public Library's Digital Media Studio, located at the Ottawa Street Branch, is looking for a creative, friendly, skilled, and customer service oriented person to supervise and provide leadership in our Digital Media Studio, and to contribute their creativity to our forthcoming full scale renovation of the Digital Media Studio. Reporting to the Technology Manager, the ideal candidate is experienced with graphic design, video/audio editing, 3D modeling/printing, poster printing and T-shirt printing.
The Digital Media Supervisor will be responsible for supervising DMS staff, implementing policies and procedures, and scheduling and teaching classes. He or she possesses a strong customer service ethic, can effectively operate a digital media studio, and is comfortable with developing and providing staff and patron instruction on the creative software in our Digital Media Lab. Spanish speaking skills are a plus. This is a full time position, and includes a combination of daytime, evening hours and weekends.
Joliet Public Library is embarking on a $10.5 million dollar renovation of our Ottawa Street Branch. Our Digital Media Studio is being completely reimagined. Be on the ground floor of this once in a career opportunity.
- Supervise Digital Media Studio Associates.
- Responsible for staff hiring, training, development, and performance evaluations.
- Assist patrons with technology training through formal classes and/or one-on-one assistance.
- Work with patrons to produce audio, video, graphic design output and multimedia printing using a wide variety of software and hardware.
- Work with Digital Media Studio staff to ensure production assistance is at a quality level of service.
- Network with community organizations within the City Center to form partnerships to bridge the digital divide.
- Assist patrons of all ages in a positive, timely, and efficient manner.
- Supervise and assist Digital Media Studio staff in the production and publication of technology training videos for patrons and staff.
- Assist with updating content on library website.
- Provide scheduled tours of the Digital Media Studio.
- Keep informed of current and upcoming library and professional trends. Participate in professional development workshops, seminars, and meetings and share information with other Library staff through training and discussions.
- Participate in various internal committees and teams in an effort to ensure continuous quality service to patrons.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field.
- A strong interest in technology and ability to learn new applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital media software.
- Ability to relate to library patrons of all ages in a positive, patient, and effective manner.
- Ability to objectively evaluate staff performance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
The starting pay is $22.33 per hour. The Library offers a generous benefit package.
The position will remain open until filled. Send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Human Resources Department
Joliet Public Library
150 N. Ottawa St.
Joliet, IL 60432-4192