Director, Library Systems & Technical Services
River Grove, IL
Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking a Director, Library Systems & Technical Services, to join our team.
Triton College is a collaborative environment where all employees are respected and their talents are valued. Triton supports its diverse workforce of more than 1,600 employees by providing vast professional development opportunities that encourage input and creativity. Generous benefits are available to ensure the health and wellness of employees and their families - and ample paid time off allows for a work/life balance that promotes personal and professional growth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: The Director supervises Technical Services staff, manages Triton's Library databases and facilitates material acquisition. Individual represents College at meetings on technical issues in libraries; maintains library's web pages; develops and implements new technical policies and procedures; serves as liaison to vendors and service providers; provides training for staff and others; and assists in day-to-day operations of the Library.
1. Supervision of online cataloguing, acquisitions, and serials control operations.
2. Liaison with college Information Systems and Computing Services.
3. Assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of the Library budget.
4. Maintain the integrity of the Library's databases (online catalog and patron database).
5. Manages the processing and access to electronic resources; is the primary contact for all e-resource trials and renewals; facilitates college approval and procurement process for all agreements, subscriptions, contracts and acquisitions.
6. Represent college at statewide consortium and national associations for Operations and Technical Services.
7. Serve as operational liaison on regional and statewide library technology initiatives.
8. Work with vendors to select and purchase library resources in accordance to College policy and process.
9. Maintenance of web pages and other content management systems.
10. Generate regular and customized reports from data in the library system using SQL.
11. Supervise OCLC interlibrary loan policies and procedures.
12. Provide training for library staff and others on Library's integrated online automated resources, the use of new technologies, content management systems, and other vital areas within the Library.
13. Supervision of professional and hourly staff within the area including making recommendations for hire/termination, evaluating, monitoring and training.
14. Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Library as requested by the Chairperson and/or Dean.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master's Degree in Library/Information Science or Information Systems/Services, or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 year's experience with integrated library systems (OCLC, Voyager, CARLI preferred). Experience in a academic library setting preferred.
KNOWLEDGE: Solid working knowledge of AACR2, RDA, LCSH, LCC, MARC and authority control.
SKILLS: Must have strong associated computer competencies and familiarity with new library technologies including HTML, Windows 7 AND 8, and Internet.
To apply, please visit our website at:
Triton College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.
Please apply online: