- Analyzes system and user requirements.
- Ensure the operation and security of the network infrastructure, servers, and desktop systems.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting for network hardware, software problems and to isolate and diagnose common PC problems.
- Creates and maintains user accounts and network profiles.
- Coordinates all system hardware and software upgrades with library departments and staff to ensure minimal downtime.
- Ensure patch levels are adhered to, performs testing and troubleshooting.
- Maintains network backups using Veeam software.
- Maintains network group policies.
- Audits and maintains security levels consistent with network security policies. This may include developing and implementing policies, performing intrusion testing, identifying and correcting security vulnerabilities, and implementing security-related software.
- Contacts suppliers, contractors, and other vendors for cost estimates and orders services, supplies, and other materials related to IT hardware and software.
- Inspects performance of contractors.
- Responds to IT requests using issue tracking software.
- Responds to off-hour emergencies as needed.
- Sets up, arranges, and removes AV related equipment for events and meetings.
- Monitors and maintains IT supply inventory and ensures storage areas are well organized and orderly.
- Provides technical assistance to all library staff.
- Provides training for library staff on the use of technologies.
- Works approved extended hours to meet critical deadlines.
- Assists department head with annual budget estimates for new equipment, upgrades, and supplies.
- Attends and participates in staff, department and other job-related meetings.
- Participates on library committees and project teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent prior experience.
- Certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, MCSA, A+, are recommended.
- Working experience with both LAN and WAN technologies.
- Working experience with Cisco firewall and wireless technologies.
- At least 3 years working in a systems/network administration position with networks between 50 to150 users in an environment using Microsoft networks.
- In-depth knowledge and working experience with Microsoft operating systems including Hyper-V, Server 2012R2, Windows 7 and 10.
- Skilled in network security, Microsoft Exchange, web services, and MySQL databases.
- Ability to research, analyze and determine appropriate course of action for complex technical problems.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Applications are available on our website at www.wnpl.info or at our Circulation Desk. Please submit an application, resume and cover letter to Kevin Getty, Head of IT & Facilities, at @itf.wnpl.info
No phone calls or in person inquiries