Oakton Community College is seeking a full-time Senior Library Circulation and Cataloging Assistant to work at the Ray Hartstein Campus in Skokie, Illinois. Characteristic duties of the position include:
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of the circulation area
- Assist students, staff and faculty with use of the library and its collections, including reserves
- Provide interlibrary loan special services for administrators, faculty and staff
- Perform copy cataloging duties, such as adding and removing item records from the library catalog
This is an afternoon/evening position during regular semester hours, and the starting salary for this position is $42,223. Comprehensive benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays, sick days, winter break; and a four day summer work week.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
• Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
• Two years of library and/or related experience where comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
• Library Technical Assistant (LTA) certification is strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with Integrated Library Systems (e.g. Voyager, ALMA, OCLC resource sharing and CARLI systems), including consortial policies, practices and procedures, is desired.
To read more about this position and to apply, please visit the following link: