We are growing! Three full time faculty librarian positions are available.
Are you a seeking a position where your first priority is students? Do you have experience or a desire to teach and an excitement in sharing the wealth of information and discovery? Are you a seeker of new, improved, or unique services to offer the best solutions and to eliminate barriers for students? Do you excel in a collaborative, team atmosphere? Do you have a sense of humor and don't take yourself too seriously?
If so, you may be looking for us and we may be looking for you. For additional information: https://www.clcillinois.edu/aboutclc/jobs-at-clc
The College of Lake County is committed to a new Strategic Plan and Student Success Framework and we seek to recruit and retain three faculty librarians who:
• Value intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching strategies.
• Value equity and inclusion to create a welcoming sense of belonging for all students
• Demonstrate commitment to creating a culturally relevant and personalized learning experience to maximize student success.
• Reflect the diversity of our community.
Provide library instruction, research and reference services to the CLC community.
1. Understands reference as a teaching space in which to work one on one with students
2. Guides students through critical thinking, reflection and independent learning.
3. Participates in collection development that supports student research, curriculum, and teaching needs.
4. Serves on and participate in CLC Library and college-wide committees and meetings.
5. Participates in CLC Library budget planning and the formulation of goals, policies, and procedures.
6. Maintains knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues and best practices in academic libraries.
Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from ALA accredited institution.