In this capacity, you will:
- Develop and implement outreach activities to promote library programming, resources and services.
- Promotes new and existing library collections, technology and services through presentations, programs, social media and topical displays.
- Work with staff in planning and implementing special projects involving outreach.
You will need to have:
- Awareness of popular culture and trends.
- Ability to set priorities, make independent decisions and exercise discretion with patrons and staff.
- Current and in-depth knowledge of library materials, practices, techniques, and technology related to Adult and Bibliographic Services.
- Friendly and outgoing demeanor -- able to build relationships at all levels.
- Tech-savvy skills.
- A willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty to meet patrons' requests and to promote a positive image of the Library throughout the community.
- Calmness while being frequently interrupted.
- Effective in maintaining working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to push book cart of 100 pounds.
We'd love for you to have:
- Master's degree in library science from an ALA-accredited graduate school
- Minimum of 1 year of public library experience.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application and resume to Kara Spizzirri at firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line "ABS Librarian position." No phone calls, please.