The Ela Area Public Library District, located in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago in the community of Lake Zurich, seeks a collaborative, tech-focused librarian to join the Reference Department as a Business Specialist. This position reports to the Department Head of Reference and provides support and outreach to the business community, entrepreneurs and job seekers. Strong candidates will have excellent customer service skills and a desire to work in an active, team-oriented, and collegial department. (Posted 1/8/20)
Significant duties include:
- Actively promotes knowledge and awareness of the Library and relevant materials and services through programs, outreach, and displays.
- Develops, plans and executes programs on business, career, and personal finance-related topics regularly.
- Maintains a virtual presence through contributions to the Library's website and social media.
- Represents the Library as a liaison to the local business community and business-related organizations.
- Provides one-on-one assistance appointments and in-depth research services for business and career-related topics.
- Has primary responsibility for collecting library materials in business, finance, career, and other designated areas.
Requirements: MLS from ALA accredited institution. One year, recent professional public library experience; demonstrated abilities of service to the public; commitment to superior customer service and communication. Spanish, Polish, or Chinese language skills a plus.
If you are interested in joining the Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please email your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin.