Fountaindale Public Library District, which proudly serves the diverse community of Bolingbrook, is seeking an experienced individual to perform accounting and clerical functions to join our Finance department. The successful candidate will have a financial background through education and/or experience as well as a strong desire to work hard. Bring your detail-oriented, analytical skills to our Finance team and assist in being a key component in the Library's operation.
- Provides consistent, gracious, and friendly service to internal and external customers
- Process accounts payable daily workflows. Ensure that all invoices, payments are correctly coded, authorized, posted in financial system according to finance policy.
- Checking for accuracy in report, figures, and postings. Reconciling and reporting any discrepancies found in the records.
- Perform three-way match of purchase orders, receiving reports, and invoices.
- Responds to vendor and employee inquiries regarding invoices, expenses, and check requests; Resolve invoicing and order discrepancies.
- Maintain all finance and account documents in an organized fashion and designate record retention period according to policies and procedures.
- Process Requests for Information, or RFIs, from employees or external requests and maintain the requests via tracking logs.
- Coordinate across the sector to ensure that fixed assets are received, tagged and tracked/inventoried in accordance with all applicable policies.
- Maintain all program/service contracts and conference/continuing education forms. Update spreadsheets with agreement terms, costs and payment-related information.
- Maintain and update vendor information in financial database system.
- Update and maintain appropriate listing of W-9s for all accounts payable vendors.
- Maintain 1099 records, compile and balance support documents and prepare 1099 and 1096 forms for mailing to the vendors and IRS.
- Compile information and prepare documents for vendor report for the annual legal publication.
- Reconcile daily credit card authorization requests and receipts. Assist with analyzing and resolving transaction variances as to compare to the monthly credit card statements.
- Serve as backup for bi-weekly bank deposits.
- Track and maintain monthly Profit and Loss Statements for Brooks Cafe.
- Performs work of Finance Aide as needed or assigned.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Finance Supervisor and/or Finance Manager.
Education: Requires expertise acquired through some college coursework in Business Administration, accounting, or other related field.
Experience: Minimum of two years of related clerical accounting or a combination of education and experience in a comparable business, organization, or library.
Office & Library
Knowledge of productivity suites and database applications.
Must have excellent data entry skills.
Perform detailed work with the numerical ability to execute computations rapidly and accurately. Ability to work independently.
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
Ability to adapt to change.
Ability to exercise reasonable and independent judgment and discretion.
Communicates effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
Speaking skills in other languages, particularly Spanish, is a plus.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and vendors.
Ability to stay calm and effective in difficult situations.
Internal: Library staff and management
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability, excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds occasionally.
Work is performed in a typical library business office environment. Part-time position.
Open until filled.
To apply for this position an Application for Employment is required. Applications can be sent directly to the library to the attention of Human Resources, 300 West Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook, IL 60440 or emailed to email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer.