The Bensenville Community Public Library is currently seeking a new Youth Services Coordinator.
This is a full-time, exempt, professional position with responsibility to coordinate youth programming, youth orientated information, and readers' advisory services. Supervises Youth Services Librarians; oversees collection development for youth materials. Directly responsible to the Library Director. Works with other staff members to provide exemplary service to the public.
To include but not be limited to the following:
- Organizes and implements fun and innovative activities and programs within the Youth Services Department.
- Hires and trains Youth Services Librarians and is responsible for annual evaluation for all Youth Services employees.
- Develops and implements reference, information and readers' advisory services for youth patrons, including the promotion of the library as a lifelong learning center. Works with the Youth Services Department in the development of goals, policies, procedures, and training opportunities to provide superior reference and information services.
- Develops and maintains an annual budget for all Youth Services materials including fiction, non-fiction, periodicals, audio-visual, and electronic resources. Works with other staff in the development of print collections and resources. Responsible for evaluation and weeding of youth collections.
- Collaborates with other community agencies representatives (Bensenville School District 2, Fenton High School, Bensenville Park District, Village of Bensenville, Kinder Care, Zion-Concord Lutheran School, etc.) in the provision of innovative programs and services that enhance the quality of life of Bensenville youth.
- Participates in the Bensenville Youth Coalition.
- Works with the Library Director and other staff as an administrative team to make recommendations, develop services and enhance the value of the Library to the community. Participates in the development and implementation of staff development opportunities.
- Maintains Youth Services statistics over time and prepares a monthly report for the Library Director.
- Assumes duties and responsibilities as necessary to provide optimum library service.
Comprehensive knowledge of public library objectives, reference and information services, and knowledge of collection development and electronic resources. Responsive to the needs and behaviors of young people; effective communication skills with children, young adults, teachers, and parents. Ability to participate in a team approach to developing and implementing services. Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate other team members.
MLS from an ALA accredited library school required.
We are a medium-sized public library district in DuPage County, just west of the O'Hare Airport. Our Library has a comfortable feel, with big windows, a picturesque garden, and lots of natural light. Our staff is tight-knit and collaboration between staff and departments is always encouraged. If this sounds like a place you might be interested in working, please consider applying.
IMRF eligible position
Full medical, dental, and vision benefits available
Please submit meaningful letter of interest and resume to email@example.com