Due to internal promotion, the Ela Area Public Library District is seeking a collaborative and passionate individual to join the Popular Materials team as the Teen Librarian. The ideal candidate is passionate about trending books and media, technology, and creating a safe and supportive environment for teens in our community. The Teen Librarian creates and hosts programs in our makerspace, provides school outreach, and works collaboratively with other departments on library-wide initiatives. We are seeking a librarian who enjoys learning new technology and sharing the joy of discovery with our teens. (posted 12/30/19).
The Teen Librarian performs library services in conjunction with collection selection and maintenance, as well as readers advisory, and technology assistance within the Popular Materials department. Knowledge of current popular adult and teen fiction and media is required. This position is full time and reports to the Head of Popular Materials.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Represent the library in a professional manner
- Knowledge of Teens Services trends and best practices
- Knowledge of makerspace technology
- Familiarity with current trends in popular culture
- Ability to work independently to learn emerging technology
- High comfort level for assisting patrons with a variety of technologies
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Collaborate effectively
- Remain flexible to work various shifts as the position requires
If you are as excited as we are about the future of teen services, please click here for the full Teen Librarian job description.
Requirements: MLS from an ALA accredited institution. One year public library experience preferred, with an emphasis on Teen Services coursework or related work experience. Spanish skills a plus. Ability to travel locally as needed.
If you are interested in joining the Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please email your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin.