Acorn Public Library District is searching for a creative, energetic, adaptable, customer-focused Youth Services Clerk. Work as an important member of our team to provide consistently friendly and accurate assistance to children, their parents and caregivers.
- Provides general reference, reader's advisory, and system-wide hold services and assistance in the Library and on the phone to children and adults.
- Checks Library materials in and out accurately.
- Shelves department materials accurately.
- Participates in shelf reading to ensure materials are shelved in their proper order.
- Straightens materials on shelves.
- Maintains reserve materials for patrons.
- Assists in processing of the Pick List
- Checks shelves for overdue materials.
- Collects fines on overdue materials.
- Assists patrons in the use of computers, tablets, online services, Internet, computer catalog, and other equipment available for public use.
- Plans and prepares materials for displays, bibliographies, and other materials.
- Registers patrons for library programs in person and over the phone.
- Makes reminder calls for library programs and events.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Requires expertise typically acquired through completion of high school curriculum and some college coursework or equivalent.
One year of related customer service experience in a comparable business, organization, or library required.
Excellent customer service skills.
Working knowledge of technology, computers and software applications.
Working knowledge of a basic reference interview.
Communicates effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
Knowledge of the Dewey Decimal Classification System.
Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability, excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently, and ability to push a cart weighing 100 pounds. Position requires standing for prolonged periods of time.
Email a current resume with three references to:
Jennifer Marquardt, Youth Services Manager
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE