The Bensenville Community Public Library seeks a fun and motivated individual to work in a casual, laid-back, but also progressive and professional environment. This position is a full-time, non-exempt, professional position as a Spanish Language Adult Services Librarian.
To include, but not limited to:
- Designs, innovates, and implements Spanish language programming opportunities.
- Provides reference and readers' advisory services, including the promotion of the library as a lifelong learning center. Works with the rest of the Adult Services Department in the development of goals, policies and procedures to develop and provide superior reference and information services.
- Works with the Adult Services Coordinator to develop and maintain the adult materials collections. Manages the Library's Adult Spanish Language resources and participates in the selection of adult materials including books, periodicals, audio-visual, and electronic resources.
- Works with Marketing Coordinator to translate program guide and other promotional materials into Spanish.
- Oversees the Computer Monitor during public service desk shifts and participates in the development of appropriate staffing for the department.
- Maintains an awareness of new developments in reference and information services, and new technologies. Participates in continuing education and professional organizations.
- Assumes duties and responsibilities as necessary to provide optimum library service.
Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Customer service driven.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to participate in a team approach to developing and implementing services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
MLS from an ALA accredited library school preferred. Those working towards an MLS degree are encouraged to apply. Training or customer service experience desirable.
We are a medium-sized public library district in DuPage County, just west of the O'Hare Airport. Our Library has a comfortable feel, with big windows, a picturesque garden, and lots of natural light. Our staff is tight-knit and collaboration between staff and departments is always encouraged. If this sounds like a place you might be interested in working, please consider applying.
IMRF eligible position
Full medical, dental, and vision benefits available
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org