Seeking an enthusiastic, flexible, customer service oriented individual to join our Circulation and Technical Services team. The successful candidate would have lots of energy, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be experienced in serving a diverse population of library users. A sense of humor and a quick learning are essential, as well as the ability to provide warm and friendly service to the public. You must be proficient in the use of current technologies and possess the ability to interact with patrons and staff in a professional manner.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provides responsive and kind customer service
• Checks materials in and out and places holds for requested items
• Collect fines and fees and operates cash register
• Sorts library materials at various points in the circulation process
• Issues and renews library cards
• Works with patron and item records within a computerized library catalog
• Performs technical processing tasks with regard to the addition, withdrawal, or repair of items in the collection
• Other duties as assigned
Wage: $11.50/hour+ DOQ
Requirements: A high school diploma or the equivalent, and a minimum of 1 year experience working in a library or related customer service position. Bilingual Spanish preferred!
Working Conditions: Exerts up to 25 lbs of force, ability to push a cart loaded with library materials, ability to reach and bend to retrieve materials and to stand at service desk.
Please send resume and cover letter via email to: