Indian Trails Public Library District (ITPLD) has an exciting opportunity for a Business and Career Services Librarian. This position supports our community's businesses, entrepreneurs and job seekers. The ideal candidate will have the ability to increase and sustain local business support and services by developing and maintaining relationships with business leaders, chambers of commerce and career development organizations throughout the community.
Additionally, this position involves working with a collaborative team staffing the service desk to assist our members and serves as a person in-charge (PIC) as required. The library has a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, mandatory IMRF participation, 457(k) retirement plan, as well as vacation and sick time. The library also supports continued learning and professional growth. Hourly rate of $23.67 (annualized $46,154) depending on qualifications.
Some of the Job Duties Include:
- Researches and develops business, career and personal finance programs.
- Teaches and develops classes on job searching, business databases, and other business-related courses.
- Attends meetings with local chambers, municipal authorities, business decision-makers, and nonprofit organizations to highlight library services.
- Participates in outreach events to enhance the library's relationship with and services to the business and career development community.
- Partners with businesses, organizations, and/or local community college extensions/business divisions to attract interest in shared community events.
- Staffs the Adult Services Desk by providing reference and readers advisory service, assisting individuals to find information, locate materials, recommend materials and research a variety of topics.
- Provide individual instruction and in the moment access to information in both print and digital formats for all ages.
- Assist individuals with basic technology customer service and instruction.
- Establish a virtual presence by contributing content through a variety of communication methods.
- Actively promote the library, its materials, and services through a variety of methods such as programs, outreach, displays, newsletter copy and handouts.
- Stay current with all appropriate physical and digital literature; select, order, and weed as needed within budgetary guidelines.
- Assist in developing desk and service procedures.
- Generate and maintain reports and statistics as needed.
This Opportunity Requires:
- Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal in a calm, positive manner with patrons of a diverse background and ages with interruptions.
- Ability to stay organized and use time effectively with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of relevant software and hardware.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with teens and adults.
- Ability to read computer screens, type accurately, and move about staff and public areas. Ability to push and pull carts weighing up to 40 pounds as well as lift and sorts materials of various weights.
- Fluency in a second language desirable.
- Must have reliable transportation to the library facilities and other locations as needed and be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.