Freeport Public Library is looking for an energetic and creative Librarian Assistant to help build diverse, responsive programming and services for the children and families that are served by Freeport Public Library. Duties will include:
- Staffing the Youth Services Information Desk
- Providing reference and reader's advisory services
- Planning and execute age-appropriate programming for children and families
- Assisting with collection management
- Participating in department meetings and make recommendations for the department
Required Qualification: Two years of experience in a field appropriate to assigned responsibilities listed above.
Preferred Qualification: Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to assigned responsibilities or LTA degree.
Experience in public library work is a plus.
This is a part-time position, 25-28 hours per week, and the work schedule will include nights and weekends.
Please send cover letter and resume to Ashley Huffines, Library Director, Freeport Public Library at
email@example.com Position open until filled.