The Orland Park Public Library is currently accepting applications for a part-time position in the Outreach Services Department. Responsibilities include providing service to the homebound, adult programming, planning and execution, art and display coordination and special collection support.
- Plans and executes homebound services to assisted living centers, independent living centers, senior centers and to those in residential homes.
- Books, schedules, negotiates, plans, and conducts informational, educational and cultural programming for adults, including onsite and offsite events.
- Books, schedules, negotiates, plans, sets up, and facilitates, art displays, patrons collection exhibits, library specials collections, and traveling exhibits.
- Performs duties that ensure timely and efficient service in the department, including circulation, selection, acquisitions and shelving of materials; patron registration; interlibrary loan and material reserves.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform full range of body motion including: standing, bending, stooping, reaching, walking, and lifting or moving up to 50 pounds
- Ability to show initiative and use good judgment in making decisions.
- Two years college
- Two years customer service work experience.
- A valid driver's license and ability to meet the library policy for staff driving on library business.
- Able to work nights and weekends
Position is 12 to 18 hours per week including evenings and weekends. Starting salary is $19.85 per hour.
Applicants for all positions are subject to a background check.
The Orland Park Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications are at the Information Desk in the lobby of the library and on the website at www.orlandparklibraryorg under "Employment."
Completed applications must be received by December 10th, 2019 at 5:00 P.M. to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Orland Park Public Library, Human Resources, 14921 Ravinia Avenue, Orland Park, IL 60462