The Ela Area Public Library District, located in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago in the community of Lake Zurich, seeks a collaborative, progressive team leader to join the organization as the Department Head of Reference. (Posted 11/11/19).
We are looking for a forward-thinking leader who readily embraces innovation and has the ability to foster excellence in a department of 17 employees. This individual will participate as a member of the Library management team and will play an active role in finding ways to address our community's emerging needs.
The Department Head of Reference reports to the Assistant Director and participates in the strategic planning process as a collaborative member of the management team. Additionally, this position manages a work group of 11 direct and 5 indirect staff members.
Significant duties include:
- Management of department personnel including scheduling.
- Oversees all aspects of Reference services and collections including reference and nonfiction readers' advisory services, technology assistance, and management of study rooms and Digital Media Labs.
- Coordinates budgeting, selection, evaluation, training, and promotion of electronic resources.
- Performs regular Desk duties.
For additional duties please read the full job description at the following link: Department Head of Reference job description.
Requirements: MLS from ALA accredited institution. Five years of professional public library experience with two years of supervisory experience; Demonstrated abilities in management, supervision, and service to the public; Commitment to superior customer service and communication; Spanish, Polish, or Chinese language skills a plus
If you are interested in joining the Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please email your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin.