The Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District seeks a dynamic, friendly, and innovative part-time Associate for our Youth Services Department. This is a service-oriented position that is responsible for reference and readers' advisory services for youth and families, as well as implementing programming that meets the needs of youth and families in the community.
Specifications and Requirements:
- Current knowledge of youth literature and media
- Understanding of library practices and trends
- Ability to plan, implement and facilitate programming for youth and families
- Ability to work effectively in a team and with a variety of people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This position requires access to reliable transportation with a valid driver's license to travel between branches and community events.
One year of experience working with children and their caregivers in a library or similarly paced environment
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Amanda Garrity, Head of Youth Services firstname.lastname@example.org with Youth Services Associate in the subject line.