The Dolton Public Library District is looking for a friendly, inquisitive, innovative, customer-service oriented individual to work in the Reference Department.The person will provide reference services, which is assisting patrons in locating and learning how to use the library's research tools, which include, but is not limited to computers, computer based media, etc.They will utilize the library's OPAC and ILL Systems to accomplish this task. Occasionally they may be called upon to assist in other areas of the library (i.e. Youth Services) during staff vacation times.In addition, this person will assist with bulletin board presentations, marketing aspects such as newsletters in the library, provide in-person, and telephone reference inquiries.
Candidates that apply need to:
- Able to work well independently and take initiative to successfully execute work responsibilities.
- Ability to prepare statistical and other reports regarding the library operations.
- Understands computers, automated search methods and works proficiently and accurately with various information access methods utilized in a public library.
- Ability to meet and relate to public and staff members in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to meet close deadlines and detail-oriented.
- Flexibility to deal with multiple and extra unexpected tasks and patrons simultaneously
- A reliable means of transportation is required to be able to attend any CLE meeting or seminars.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Two (2) years clerical experience, preferably in a public library
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Knowledge and ability of computers and their applications. (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite)
Please send your cover letter, resume and three references to:
Application Contact: Allyson Withers
Dolton Public Library District
14037 Lincoln Avenue
Dolton, IL 60419
No Phone Calls Please