This is a temporary full-time (approximately 37.5 hours per week) position, for January to May 2020. Schedule may include some Sunday reference shifts. This position will report to the Library Director (for work on electronic resources and special projects) and the Head of Public Services (for work in reference and library instruction). This position does not include benefits.
60% of the position will include reference assistance through appointments and consultation at the reference desk and library instruction. 20-30% of this position will focus on managing electronic resources (serial and database subscriptions), including licensing, statistics analysis, and upkeep. Other duties may include special projects based on interest and skills, and assisting with library initiatives as needed. Special projects may include but will not be limited to LibGuide creation or programming and outreach.
- ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science.
- Minimum of two years recent professional experience in a library; or
for recent library school graduates, significant coursework and practicum in library instruction and/or academic librarianship.
- Knowledge of information resources and ability to learn new databases and explain them to students.
- Ability to assist students with citation needs in various styles.
- Comfortable working with a diverse student population and a strong desire to help undergraduate students succeed.
- Ability to work collaboratively with library staff, faculty, and administrators.
- Understanding of library usage statistics, protocols, and trends preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without both a cover letter and resume will not be considered. If selected for an interview, we will request three references.
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
o apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications without both a cover letter and resume will not be considered. If selected for an interview, we will request three references.