The South Holland Public Library is seeking a Public Services Assistant to work in a team environment where consultation, flexibility, creativity, collaboration and cooperation is essential.
- Provides friendly, courteous and accurate services to all users.
- Works effectively to provide efficient and exemplary customer service.
- Provides ready reference, readers' advisory and other assistance to users at the Information Desk.
- Teaches technology skills to users.
- Develops, schedules and presents programs for adults users.
- Assists, troubleshoots and trains users in the use of the online catalog, the Internet, databases, copiers, printers and other library resources and equipment.
- Possesses good customer service skills.
- Ability to work with Windows and MacOS computers and devices.
- Skilled at using Microsoft Office, Apple products, software, the Internet and applications.
- Intermediate level technology skills to enable teaching and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work and interact in a friendly and yet professional manner with users and other library staff members.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 20 pounds and access library areas and materials.
- Associate degree or above.
- Reads, understands, writes legibly and speaks articulately in English.
- Position requires day, evening and Saturday hours. No Sundays.
- Access to transportation.
Applicants for all positions are subject to a background check and a drug screening.
The South Holland Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applications and a resume must be submitted by 6 p.m. on Friday, November 22, 2019. Applications are available at the Library and online at: shlibrary.org/job-volunteering.
Submit completed applications and resumes to email@example.com, by fax to 708-331-6557 or by dropping off or mailing to: Linda Caruso, South Holland Public Library, 16250 Wausau Avenue, South Holland, IL 60473.