We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic Librarian to join our Adult Services team and support our mission to provide friendly, knowledgeable service, programs and resources to a community that values their library.
Education & Experience:
MLS from an accredited library school and at least 2 years' experience working in Adult Services in a public library required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with emphasis on providing a welcoming and helpful experience for library patrons.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments in the library.
- Collection development experience for adult fiction collections.
- Knowledge of popular reading trends and authors.
- Ability to market fiction collections through creative displays, services and programs.
- Ability to effectively promote programs and services via both social media and print formats.
- Knowledge of Polaris ILS and Collection HQ helpful.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Windows and iOS systems.
- Provide welcoming, knowledgeable reference and reader's advisory assistance at Adult Services desk.
- Selection and maintenance of Adult fiction and select other collections.
- Manage inter-library loan requests and book group holds.
- Provide one-on-one technology instruction including iPad and eLibrary content.
Schedule: Flexibility required; includes weekend and evening hours.
Benefits: IMRF participation, medical insurance with limited employee contribution, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 17 days' vacation, and sick leave per the Library Personnel Policy.
Email letter of interest and resume to Sandra D. Pointon, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org