Full Time Position
The St. Charles Public Library District is seeking a qualified Circulation Services Manager for our Library. The award-winning St. Charles Public Library District is located in the scenic Fox River Valley, 35 miles west of Chicago. The Library serves a district population of over 55,000 residents and has a staff of 115.
This highly visible position is responsible for management of the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation for circulation services activities and staff; provides expert professional assistance to library management staff in circulation services and related matters.
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the activities of assigned staff.
- Recommends selection of staff; trains staff and provides for their professional development; recommends discipline as required.
- Contributes to the overall quality of the department's service provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies, procedures and services in relation to the changing needs of the community.
- Provides planning, implementation, management and evaluation of Circulation Services program activities and events; directs and coordinates all pertinent initiatives and programming partnerships.
- Manages library's circulation software capabilities; troubleshoots, evaluates efficiencies, suggest/implements revisions and updates; serves as primary liaison to consortium with regard to Circulation Services; collaborates with other libraries to improve systems and processes.
- Submits and manages assigned budgets; assists with development of annual planning.
- Oversees, prepares and interprets circulation patron and item statistical reports; prepares monthly reports; analyzes trends and directions in patron usage; provides recommendations for service improvements/changes.
- Resolves patron conflicts; addresses concerns; maintains positive relationships and superior customer service.
- Serves as "Manager in Charge".
- Serves as a member of the Management Team and contributes to the attainment of departmental and library goals and objectives through compliance with library policy and procedures.
- Understands and enforces the Library's policies and procedures while safeguarding confidential and restricted information.
- Understands, enforces, and keeps up to date on Library laws and statutes as it pertains to cardholders.
- Collaborates with marketing and communications to market services; assists with community events offsite and encourages staff engagement; composes and edits material for various library publications; plans and implements Library-wide campaigns and special displays.
- Serves as liaison between the library and community groups; speaks at community events and promotes library services and programs.
- Monitors the department's library webpages and makes recommendations for changes as appropriate.
- Monitors developments in library services; participates in professional development activities such as self-directed learning, webinars, and meetings.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the library's service to its patrons by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Represents the organization with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in communications or a related field; AND five (5) years of professional experience in library services functions, two (2) years of which were in a supervisory/managerial role. Knowledge of Sirsi-Dynix ILS Systems preferred but not required.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Library policies and procedures.
- Administrative principles and practices, including budget and financial, goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation, and the management of employees.
- Integrated Library System Circulation module(s).
- Principles and practices of project and record management, program planning, development and administration;
- Current literature, service models, research and library trends.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Principles and techniques of effective written materials and documentation.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for working effectively with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Planning, organizing, training, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of others.
- Developing, implementing and managing library services and programming.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives and provide customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Making effective oral presentations to large and small groups.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in working with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or library goals, objectives and activities.
- Working successfully with a variety of individuals.
- Circulation Associate
- Circulation Specialist
- Circulation Services Assistant Manager
- All Circulation Services positions.