The Green Hills Public Library District is looking for a friendly, creative, and enthusiastic person to join our Youth Services Department! Candidates must be proficient in technology and possess strong customer service skills, must be comfortable working on a team in a fast-paced environment, and—most importantly—must enjoy working with children of all ages.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting patrons of all ages in the full use of the Library and its digital and print resources
- Providing reader's advisory and reference assistance to children of all ages and their caregivers
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of youth programming, including storytimes
- Processing and copy cataloging of youth services materials.
- Promoting Library resources, programs, and services
Qualifications: Minimum two years of college or LTA certificate. Minimum one year experience in a public services environment working with youth, library experience preferred. Fluency in Arabic or Polish a plus.
Please submit resume along with the Green Hills Public Library District employment application, which can be found at greenhillslibrary.org/about/employment. No phone calls, please. Applications and resumes may be submitted online or in-person at the Library.
The Green Hills Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for all positions are subject to a background check.