The Morton Grove Public Library is looking for a part-time computer assistant to assist patrons with basic computer questions in the public computer lab. This position is a part-time, nonexempt position whose principal responsibility is to assist patrons with the operation and use of public computer hardware, software and accessory equipment and perform basic care and maintenance of hardware. Duties include answering patron questions pertaining to library computer use, printing, and other related electronic services. The qualified candidate will present the Library and its services in a positive manner and adhere to guidelines and procedures as established by the Library.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service in person, on the telephone, and via e-mail and other forms of electronic communication
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply technical manuals and documents
- Able to operate, adjust and troubleshoot computer workstations
- Familiar with publicly hosted email systems such as Gmail and Yahoo mail
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications
Go to www.mgpl.org/jobs for job description and information on applying.
The Morton Grove Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.