Start date: December 2nd, 2019
Programming and Outreach
- Provide innovative, relevant, year-round, and diverse children's and YA programming with a focus on K-12th grade. Responsibilities may include all-ages events, educational programs for adults (i.e, caregivers or teachers), and occasionally assisting with preschool programs (i.e., Story Hour, Tales Under the Tree).
- Develop and maintain partnerships and programming with other local organizations that serve youth, including schools, park district, daycares, and homeschool groups. This includes leading and scheduling class public library visits with Tremont Schools.
- Maintain and report program statistics.
- Energetically market youth events in person and on social media.
- Assist Director in interviewing and training new employees.
- Help train, mentor, and manage student employees.
- Secure supplemental funding for children's programming or material through state and local grants.
- Act as administrative substitute during Director's absence.
- May occasionally lead staff training in matters of children's services, early literacy, etc.
- Create and maintain a safe, welcoming library environment for children and teens.
- Provide quality Reader's Advisory and Reference services, particularly for children, teens, caregivers, and educators.
- Diligent, thoughtful, and ongoing collection management of children's and young adult print materials, audiobooks, and periodicals.
- Participate in regular, ongoing professional development.
- Library tasks: shelving, customer service, processing materials, interlibrary loan, etc.
- Cooperative spirit, the ability to multi-task, reliability, flexibility,enthusiasm, friendliness, energy, resourcefulness, initiative, tact, good judgment, and a sense of humor are essential.
- Knowledge of children's literature.
- 3-5 years' related experience in libraries and/or working with children
- Associates or Bachelor's in a related field preferred.
A full job description is available at: http://tremontlibrary.com/employment-at-tremont-district-library/
To apply, send a cover letter and resume via e-mail.