Do you enjoy working with the public and see possibilities everywhere you look? Are you someone that believes learning should be fun and comes in a variety of formats? We're seeking a forward thinking, tech savvy, creative, collaborative team player to develop learning and creative experiences for Library users at every age and stage of life. You'll develop Library wide programming, provide instructional support, and oversee a team of staff responsible for providing services and activities in our program spaces, including: Tech Commons, Digital Media Lab, DIY Workshop, demonstration kitchen, meeting rooms, and exhibit spaces. It's an exciting time at Geneva Public Library as we build a new facility that will open in 2020.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (MLIS or MEd preferred)
- 5 years of relevant library, education, or instructional experience (2 years of supervisory experience preferred)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and instructional skills
- Has current knowledge of library trends, materials, practices, techniques and technology
- Tech savvy and aptitude for tinkering and learning
We offer a generous benefits package including: health, dental, vision and life insurance, Illinois Municipal Retirement Plan participation, tuition reimbursement, and employee assistance