College of DuPage seeks an adjunct faculty librarian to provide instruction and reference service to the College community. Adjunct librarians may provide library instruction to a broad range of general education, career and technology classes. Reference service is offered in person and via text and video chat. Librarians are expected to maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the extensive collections offered at the College of DuPage.
- Partner with discipline liasian librarians on collection development, updating Library webpages, and creating metadata for digital collections, as well as outreach to the COD centers, social media marketing, and contributing to Library events and displays.
- Masters's Degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited school.
- Two years of library instruction experience in an academic library.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Adept at teaching and assisting patrons in an online environment.
- Experience supporting community college students, knowledge of instructional design, familiarity with digital media software and hardware.