Do you get excited at the idea of developing innovative programming and collections to reach an energetic community of diverse and varied interests? Do you have a passion for empowering and amplifying the voices of young adults? Do you get a thrill out of helping adults understand the needs of young people? The Forest Park Public Library is seeking dynamic, inspired, resourceful, and engaging candidates for two new Young Adult Services Associate positions.
Our library offers an environment where youth advocates can learn, grow, and build. You could be the perfect person to help us provide a safe and inclusive space that nurtures and supports adolescents as they navigate high school and begin college. We are looking for candidates who are motivated and excited to work within our new YA department to create a unique incubator for groundbreaking ideas that serve and inspire teens. Come be a part of our team and let's help young adults recognize their power to change the world!
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A passion for inclusivity and social justice in relation to young adults
- An ability to listen and respond to the unique needs of adolescents
- Availability to work afternoons and at least one closing shift per week, with weekend hours as needed
- An awareness of teen/adolescent developmental needs
- BA, LTA, or relevant related experience working with adolescents
- An ability to manage time effectively, and work self-directed when necessary
- Creativity and ability to assist in program development and resource/collection development
- An interest and enthusiasm for working with this demographic
Please send a cover letter speaking to your interest in working with young adults, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. At the Forest Park Public Library, we believe that Everyone Is Welcome. We'd love to welcome YOU.