Our Philosophy is to answer Yes whenever asked how can our library work with the schools to connect students with the resources they need.
Cook Memorial Public Library District is looking for a Student Services Coordinator to build on our very successful partnership with the schools in our district. Our library district encompasses 4 school districts with a total of 14 schools and 4 private schools that are diverse in structure and student population as well as a diverse and dynamic homeschool community.
The Student Services Coordinator is a passionate library advocate at the schools and a strong school advocate at the library. The ideal candidate is skilled at public relations and customer service, a proactive and self-directed worker, has an understanding of how to match materials to students in grades K-8 and a desire to serve all patrons in our diverse library district of nearly 60,000 people.
Essential Duties include:
- Serves as liaison between the Library District and the K-8 Schools within the library district as well as homeschool parents, facilitating connections and providing strategic direction between library and schools.
- Develops and coordinates services to students, schools, homeschoolers, and other related education organizations in the district.
- Selects materials to fill requests from teachers and faculty to serve as curriculum support for students.
- Coordinates annual district-wide programs including Art Shows, Principals Read Program, and other similar events and assists with coordination of summer reading program.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of print and non-print materials for children.
- Provides reference and readers' advisory services to patrons at Cook Park Library and Aspen Drive Library.
- Assists patrons in the use of library's electronic resources, including online databases, eBooks, library catalog and website, and other media.
- Develops and presents programs to students, faculty, staff, and parents and general public.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- 4-year college degree required. Master's Degree in Library Science or Bachelor's Degree in Education preferred.
- Two years or more experience in school library or public library setting required.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with children and adults, including school administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Competency and troubleshooting capabilities with technical tools used in the library, including PCs, printers, and iPads.
- Ability to use software programs to effectively perform job responsibilities, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
- Must be able to attend training sessions and meetings outside the library and visit all library locations.
- Must be able to move library materials or operate automated equipment in the workplace.
- Must have Illinois driver's license and transportation between locations in the district on short notice.
Apply online at www.cooklib.org/jobs through October 28, 2019