We have an immediate opening in our busy circulation department for part-time shelver. If you have a knack for being meticulous, a keen eye for detail, a passion for assisting patrons of all ages, and enjoy staying active, consider applying today.
- Sort and shelve library materials in numerical and alphabetical order.
- Locate materials placed on hold by library patrons.
- Operate the automated conveyor system; sort materials onto shelving carts.
- Maintain the order and appearance of library collections.
- Collect library materials from the indoor and outdoor book returns.
- Inspect, straighten and restock materials on displays
- Complete special projects within the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to arrange and file in alpha/numerical order.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a collaborative team environment
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs and office equipment.
- Requires a full range of body motion including standing, sitting and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires bending, stooping, and reaching to move library materials.
- Must be able to push/pull a two sided wheeled cart with up to 100 lbs. of library materials and must be able to lift boxes of books, paper or other materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Must possess manual and finger dexterity, eye-hand coordination when moving library materials or operating the automated conveyor system.
You may download the Application for Employment from our website at www.wnpl.info or you can obtain an application at the Circulation Desk. Please submit application and resume. (No phone calls or in person inquires)