- Department: RUO Library
- Shift: 1st
- Full/Part: Active Regular FT (72 to 80 hours per pay period)
- Job Number: 2019-2629
Job Description: Library Research Information Specialist
This position provides general biomedical reference service and database searches for clinicians, faculty and students of the Medical Center and Rush University. Assist with Systematic Review and Search Services provided by the Library. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
- Create self-directed learning content for students, staff, and faculty, etc.
- Provides leadership for systematic reviews, departmental projects, research impact reports, etc.
- Consults and conducts systematic reviews and other research methodologies.
- Provides information on data management resources/tools and best practices for data management
- Leads the Clinical Liaison Program, locating and providing quality-filtered, patient-specific information to clinicians and hospital staff.
- Attend committee meetings, hospital/grand rounds, morning report, case conferences, and clinically relevant forums/platforms, and will provide information as requested using current technology and resources.
- Foster relationships and works with faculty, staff, and clinical/research teams for research and scholarship, and evidence based practice.
- Provides reference services and answers in-person, telephone, email and chat inquiries using various subscription based resources for both on-site and remote library users. These include journal article databases, bibliographic management resources, point of care tools, the library catalog, and other web resources.
- Completes literature searches for library users in appropriate timeframe.
- Provides librarian clinical liaison service (which includes tailored information services to patients and health professionals).
- Researches and participates in the implementation of new technologies and tools for the reference section, with emphasis on technologies assisting in search result analysis.
- Provides reference services to various medical center committees.
- Continues to develop professionally by participation in professional organizations, attending conferences, professional reading and/or publishing. Represents the Library to other medical libraries and professional organizations.
- Participates in activities and projects of the Library and the reference section.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Master's Degree in Library Information Science from an ALA accredited school.
- 2 years of experience providing research and instruction support in an academic library.
- Experience with database searching services and training.
- Experience in conducting systematic reviews preferred.
- Professional informationist experience in an academic health sciences setting.
- 2 years of experience providing research and instruction support in an academic library in a healthcare setting.
- Advanced online database experience using PubMed, Ovid, Scopus, CINAHL, PsycInfo, bibliographic management software.
- Faculty and Clinical liaison experience.
- Synchronous and asynchronous instruction experience.
- Physical Demands: Normal library environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise and the like.
- Rush University is known for its high-quality health care education, supportive learning environment, engagement with the urban community and forward-looking education approach.
- Rush is an academic health system comprising Rush University Medical Center, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital.
- Rush University's Family Nurse Practitioner program is ranked in the top six in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply at https://www.jobsatrush.com/.