Career Education Corporation
Full Time or Part Time:
This position is responsible for providing library reference services to students and faculty in a fully online, fast-paced environment.
- Direct students and faculty to relevant online databases and web resources.
- Promote and encourage the ethical use of information by students and faculty.
- Facilitate the development of information literacy skills through reference, instruction, and the creation of library research tools.
- Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of library resources in supporting the curriculum.
- Communicate with students and faculty through email, instant messaging, and phone about the curriculum, their research needs, and information resources.
- Maintain records and statistics related to the online library resources and services.
- Facilitate library instruction to students, faculty, and staff through online meeting software.
- Create bibliographies, user guides, video tutorials, and other library research tools.
- Work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, to accommodate student and department needs. This may include working more than 40 hours per week
- Commitment to public service.
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to work the hours necessary to accomplish the assigned duties.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to ensure student success.
- Skills to establish and maintain effective relationships with all constituents, internal and external.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong technology skills needed to provide innovative web-based library services and resources. Experience with instant messaging reference and screen casting preferred.
- Master's degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited program.
- Previous experience in an academic, special or public library.
Open until filled
Please apply direclty to this link
231 N Martingale RdSchaumburg , IL 60173 42° 1' 59.376" N, 88° 1' 57.7812" W