The University of Illinois at Chicago Library seeks a Collection Analysis and Maintenance Librarian to be a part of our Resource Acquisition and Management (RAM) Department. The RAM Department performs acquisitions, cataloging, electronic resource management, and collection maintenance for the University Library.
The Collection Analysis and Maintenance Librarian will gather and organize collection usage statistics for all materials as well as manage the flow of records through the integrated library system, working with colleagues throughout the library to provide excellent services to our students, faculty, and staff. This position will report to the Head of the RAM department.
UIC is proud to be recognized as having one of the most ethnically and culturally rich college campuses in America. The qualified applicant will demonstrate an interest and ability to work in a diverse environment.
This position will be appointed at the rank of Instructor. While scholarship and external service are not required by unit norms, instructors and lecturers are encouraged to be professionally active and are allocated professional development funds.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather and organize collection usage statistics for electronic resources
- Manage batch loads of MARC records for print and electronic resources
- Manage maintenance of knowledge bases for all holdings
- Perform database maintenance for local integrated library system
- Work with Collections Coordinator, liaisons, and the RAM department to develop and implement ongoing analysis of collections use data, including print and electronic resources
- Master's degree in Library Science from a program accredited by the American Library Association
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment with colleagues, staff, and users
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in an academic library
- Experience using an integrated library system
- Experience with MARC metadata
- Experience working with and analyzing library use statistics
Salary commensurate with experience; the minimum salary for a full-time twelve-month appointment is $51,333. Benefits for a twelve month appointment include 24 days vacation; 12 days annual sick leave with additional disability benefits; 11 paid holidays; medical insurance (contribution based on annual salary; coverage for dependents may be purchased); two dental plans available; life insurance paid for by the State; participation in one of the retirement options of the State Universities Retirement System compulsory (8% of salary is withheld and is tax exempt until withdrawal); no Social Security coverage, but Medicare payment is required. This appointment is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois and UIC United Faculty Local 6456, IFT-AFT, AAUP.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans.
For fullest consideration, apply by October 4, 2019 with cover letter, supporting resume, and name and address of at least three references. The position close date is October 21, 2019.
All applicants must submit an online application through https://jobs.uic.edu/. To apply, click on the following link: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=122098.