Phillips Library at Aurora University (Aurora, IL) has a small staff with a big heart. We are looking for part time librarians that love working with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students. The part-time Information Services Librarian efficiently meets the information needs of the Aurora University community. The ideal candidate will be pleasant and positive in a variety of situations and work well independently on projects as assigned. The part-time Information Services Librarian is a 9-month position with benefit eligibility to participate in Aurora University's 403b plan.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides reference services (nights and weekends) at our Information service desk via in-person consultations, phone and chat.
- Keeps up-to-date on library services and works in collaboration with other staff to initiate new services.
- Monitors student workers and assists with circulation questions.
- May assist in collection development, interlibrary loan, and other library services.
Essential Job Requirements:
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited school. Recent graduates and current library students encouraged to apply.
- Academic library experience or coursework preferred.
- Proficient with database searching techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Troubleshoot computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers and fax.
- Knowledge of LibGuides, and LibChat preferred.
- This part-time librarian will fill our Sunday late-night hours of 7 PM to 1 AM for a total of six (6) hours per week.
- Must be able to move about the Library and move books/items on carts.
- Must be able to shift books from cart to shelf.
- Must have visual ability sufficient to read/interpret call numbers and other information on books and documents.
Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.