Overview: Are you a positive individual with an aptitude for providing exceptional customer service? Are you organized and have the ability to multi-task? Do you thrive in a team environment and like helping people? If so, this opportunity may be for you! The Indian Trails Public Library District (ITPLD) is seeking a Circulation Assistant (check-out) to join our team! This position is a part-time opportunity with an average work week of 21 hours. These hours are a mix of days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Some of the job duties include:
- Staffing the Circulation desk or drive up window while providing outstanding customer service to our members.
- Assist members and staff in the materials check-out process, including account information retrieval, and other concerns.
- Register new library members, maintain accurate records in library database and maintain library members' confidentiality.
- Perform claims returned procedures; process overdue and reserve items, complete program registration, and assist members with self-check unit.
- Contact members and follow up on lost or missing items or service requests.
- File requested items on hold shelves; identify damaged and/or incomplete items and route items to appropriate area.
- Greet everyone who enters the library in a professional, friendly manner.
- Promote materials, programs, events, and services provided by the library.
This opportunity requires:
- High school diploma or equivalent certifications and/or experience required.
- Qualified candidates must have superb customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, have attention to details, and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to use computers and relevant software including but not limited to Google products.
- Ability to communicate effectively, use good judgment in the decision making process, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Hourly rate of $14.10. This position is eligible for pro-rated sick and vacation time as well as participation in IMRF. To apply, send resume via e-mail to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.