The Mokena Community Public Library District is currently seeking a Facilities Manager Aide who is positive, energetic, motivated, and possesses effective communication skills to assist our Facilities Manager.
Come join our team and become a part of our community in a fun, friendly, and innovating environment based upon service and cooperation.
This position assists our Facilities Manager in the maintenance of the building and grounds to provide a safe and secure environment for patrons and staff. Candidates must have a positive support/service attitude, interpersonal and communication skills for a team environment, along with a strong ability to work independently.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Performing a variety of building maintenance functions as needed
- Maintenance of the grounds which includes salting and shoveling of sidewalks/driveways/other areas
- Maintenance of the landscaping including trimming trees and bushes, watering of flowers/bushes/trees, and other grounds work not completed by our landscaping company
- Unpacking and stocking supplies
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary facility
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires working a minimum of one evening a week as well as Saturdays. While a regular schedule will be established, the needs of the Library may require schedule changes and flexibility.
Must be able to hear, comprehend and respond to the library user, both in person and in telephone conversations. Must be able to reach a height of greater than 60 inches. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time during working hours. Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, lifting and carrying heavy objects (20 to 50 pounds) and pushing. Must be able to walk distances of more than 50 feet within the building to ensure safety and security.