Are you an organized, detail-oriented person who wants to put everything in its place and can quickly spot what is out of place?
We are seeking an individual to perform duties necessary to provide effective member access to materials, including:
- return, sorting, shelving and shifting of materials;
- assisting the librarians in a variety of duties as assigned
- reporting areas of concern to the Young Adult Librarian
- Assist in physical preparation of books, including dust covers. labels. etc.
- Assist patrons at circulation desk
- Learn circulation functions at circulation computer
- Assist patrons in locating materials
- Change outdoor sign as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
You will need basic computer skills; ; demonstrate a working knowledge of library materials and shelving procedures; and possess effective written and verbal communication skills. You will also need to be able to bend, reach, kneel, move fully loaded book carts and stand for prolonged periods of time. As you will be part of a small team, we are looking for candidates that are reliable, punctual and friendly.