The Indian Trails Public Library District (ITPLD) is seeking a professional and organized individual with excellent customer service skills to help provide efficient operations of the library building, including maintaining standards of cleanliness and sanitary conditions throughout the library. The ideal candidate will also be flexible, proactive and have the ability to handle a variety of facilities responsibilities.
The position is full-time, 37.5 hours per week. The library has a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, mandatory IMRF participation, 457(k) retirement plan, as well as vacation and sick time. The library also supports continued learning and professional growth. Starting hourly rate of $16.05 depending on qualifications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with opening and closing the building at the beginning and end of the day or during emergencies including turning security systems on and off.
- Assist with setting up rooms for programs, trainings and other library events.
- Provide a proactive customer service presence in the library by assisting both staff and members with a variety of custodial duties.
- Responsible for daily custodial tasks such as emptying garbage cans, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting shelves, tables and computer areas, clean counter tops, cleaning out the staff refrigerator, and other duties to ensure a tidy appearance of the library, both public and staff areas.
- Assists with maintenance and minor repairs of library furniture.
- Helps with minor groundskeeping tasks such as salting sidewalks and snow removal near the building entrances.
- Respond promptly to all custodial or facility related requests.
- Ensures effective communication with the facilities and security team and participates in facilities and security team meetings.
- Helps with moving library materials from and to the main library and the branch.
- Responsible to inventory supplies on a weekly and monthly basis.
- High School diploma and relevant experience of 2 to 3 years of experience.
- Ability to stand and move about the library and for long periods of time, inside and outside.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read computer screens, manipulate a mouse, type, communicate by telephone and on a walkie talkie.
- Ability to work with the public in a positive manner with interruptions and during stressful (emergency) situations.
- Complete assigned tasks without direct supervision. Maintain confidentiality.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.