Quincy Public Library
Full Time or Part Time:
20 hours per week, flexible schedule
to be determined
- Bachelors Degree in accounting required.
- Minimum two years experience in an accounting position and experience with fund accounting preferred.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the accounting functions (i.e. general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, investment management) for Quincy Public Library, Townships of Quincy Area Public Library District, Mary Weems Barton/Quincy Public Library Foundation, and any other contractual entities.
- Files annual governmental or other reports to the State of Illinois, the City of Quincy, County of Adams, and other funding agencies.
- Implements Library accounting system, utilizing the HTE Software as provided through the City of Quincy.
- Maintains the fiscal and yearly payroll/human resource records, filing appropriate government reports relating to such activities.Prepares payment of payroll.
- Works with Payroll Maxx time-keeping system to track employee work hours and PTO accruals.
- Monitors and reports investment activity to Director of all QPL, TQAPLD, and Mary Weems Barton/Quincy Public Library Foundation funds.
- Prepares monthly reports for the two Boards of Trustees and the Director consistent with necessary reporting requirements.
- Supports staff with analysis of budget lines and expenditures.
- Administers grant reports and grant accounting as necessary.
- Assists the Director with the annual budget projections and the various reports related to budgets for presentation to the QPL, TQAPLD, and Foundation Boards of Trustees, and to the City of Quincy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or the two Boards of Trustees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Computer competency, including experience with Quickbooks, HTE, or comparable accounting software packages.Experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven record of accurate, organized, precise work.
- Reliable and self-motivated.
Open until filled
Please submit a cover letter and resume with references to Quincy Public Library, 526 Jersey St, Quincy, IL 62301 or email to email@example.com.
Kathleen Helsabeck, Executive Director