Blue Island Public Library is seeking a creative, energetic and self-motivated Young Adult Librarian for our busy Adult Services desk.
The ideal candidate should be eager to work with teens, enjoy working with a diverse community, and be able to work both collaboratively and independently. Recent graduates and MLS candidates welcome.
- Develop and coordinate programs for teens and pre-teens. Assist with school and community outreach.
- Provide reference, reader's advisory, and technology-related assistance to patrons.
- Provide relevant and timely promotional material for marketing activities.
- Manage YA collections with support from Adult Services manager.
- Work regularly scheduled adult services desk shifts.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, strong work ethic, and a sense of humor.
- Must enjoy working with people of all ages.
- MLS or MLS graduate course work.
- Broad reading background, preferably in young adult category.
- Strong computer and technology skills, particularly with current social media sites.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
To view the complete job description, contact email@example.com