The La Grange Park Public Library District is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and reliable assistant for our busy Children's Services Department. The right candidate will love working with a diverse community of children ages birth through 6th grade and their caregivers in a collaborative environment, with the skills to work effectively independently. We are seeking a confident, hardworking and dedicated individual who possesses extraordinary customer service skills. Evening and weekend work required.
- Works the public service desk, performing reference and reader's advisory services to children, teens and their caregivers
- Plans, implements, and evaluates educational and recreational programs for children
- Assists patrons with technology and other library equipment and resources
- Performs outreach to local schools and community organizations
- Assists with collection management and other projects as assigned
- Basic knowledge of child development and children's literature
- A friendly and approachable manner with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy
- Willingness to learn new skills and procedures; easily adaptable to change
- A team player with exceptional organizational skills and sharp attention to detail
- Knowledge of common computer applications
- Bachelor's degree OR two years of college coursework
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with children; library experience preferred
- Employment is contingent upon a background check
- Students pursuing an MLIS degree strongly encouraged to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Rose Hopkins-LaRocco, Children's Services Director at email@example.com. Priority will be given to applications received by September 3, 2019.