The primary responsibility of this position is to assist library users with circulation functions. This position is part-time at 15-19 hours/week. The schedule is flexible with rotating Saturday shifts required. A good fit for this position will be reliable and have outstanding customer service skills. Starting pay is $9/hour with a raise to $9.36 in January and $11.25 in May.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Utilize customer service skills while greeting and assisting library users of all ages at both adult and youth service desks
- Effectively perform circulation functions including checking library materials in and out, renewing library materials, locating items, and creating/renewing library cards
- Assist library users via telephone
- Ensure organization of collections by properly shelving materials and checking for accuracy
- Complete opening and closing procedures as assigned
- Enforce Ida Public Library Code of Conduct and borrowing policies
- Assist library users with electronic materials including library databases, Overdrive, and Hoopla
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to complete all tasks listed above or the ability to quickly learn those tasks
- Basic computer skills including typing, email, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Comfortable interacting with a diverse community
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently sit, stand, kneel, reach, and walk. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move equipment, etc., up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision and hearing abilities are required by this job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this position.
Candidates are subject to a background check before beginning employment.
Ida Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.