Are you a friendly, energetic person with a passion for reading who enjoys lively conversation and want to make a difference in the lives of our outreach customers? If so, there may a place for you in the Outreach Services Department. We have 2 Full Time positions available. While both serve all of our outreach customers, one position is focused on visiting seniors and homebound customers; and the other works on the Bookmobile, visiting schools and participating in special events.
You will be considered for both positions unless you specifically state a preference on your application.
- Select and deliver materials to outreach customers using a library vehicle.
- Provide basic circulation and readers advisory services, and refer customers to appropriate staff for further assistance
- Transfer book carts from the library building onto the library van and into the facilities we serve and transport bags of books into customer's homes
- Kindly assist customers during "library time" at the facilities we serve
- Acts as circulation clerk on the Bookmobile and participates in special events
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Minimum one-year work experience working with the public
- Valid driver's license and basic knowledge of PCs and office software applications
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds, and push 100 pounds on a wheeled book cart
- Ability to be on your feet for 8 or more hours
- Spanish language skills are highly desirable
Our strategic priorities include School Success, Express Creativity, Feed Your Imagination, and Welcome to America. We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a diverse urban area. Our 97,000-square foot main library which opened in 2015 includes a makerspace and a media production lab. We also have two branches and a bookmobile. We serve six school districts in four counties, and our bookmobile provides library services to students in East Aurora School District 131.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
A copy of our application can be found at http://www.aurorapubliclibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/Application-for-employment-2016-09.pdf