Do you enjoy working with teens and adults and finding flexible and creative solutions to their questions? Do you have a knack for helping customers find the right book, eBook or video? Can you create innovative programming for teens and adults? Is working with technology and e-resources right up your alley? If so, we would love to hear from you.
- Work with teens and adults to provide reference, reader's, viewer's and listener's advisory services
- Help customers learn how to use technology and library e-resources
- Plan, promote and provide teen and adult programs
- Assist with collection maintenance and weeding
- ALA accredited MLS/MLIS
- Two years public library experience, preferably working with teens and adults
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience with programming and reader's advisory
- Ability to work both collaboratively and individually
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, adjusting as required for programming
Our strategic priorities include School Success, Express Creativity, Feed Your Imagination, and Welcome to America. We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a diverse urban area. Our 97,000-square foot main library which opened in 2015 includes a Makerspace and a media production lab. We also have two branches and a bookmobile. We serve six school districts in four counties, and our bookmobile provides library services to students in East Aurora School District 131.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of our application can be found at http://www.aurorapubliclibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/Application-for-employment-2016-09.pdf