Join the dedicated staff and busy kids and teen departments at the Niles-Maine District Library! We are looking for a person who is comfortable providing top-notch customer service and understands children's literature and topics of interest to youth. This position will assist in program planning and paperwork. This position will take part in Babytime and Lapsit rotas, so comfort with the tiniest patrons is a requirement.
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited school
- Prior experience working with babies, children, teens, and caregivers in a library setting preferred
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to work with diverse populations of all ages
- Knowledge of current computer technology including Microsoft Office, library automation systems, e-books, and e-resources
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations and to varied work schedules
- Knowledge of children's and teen literature and current trends in programming