The Round Lake Area Library is looking for a friendly and cooperative candidate who will strive to provide excellent customer service to patrons and staff in the position of Shelver in the Youth Services Department.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Familiarity with libraries and numbers is preferred.
- Must not have been convicted of any felony offense or serious misdemeanor offenses.
- All applicants are subject to a background check and employment is contingent on passing those assessments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, Excel, and Outlook Software is required. ALSO MANIPULATE DATA ON LIBRARY DATABASES, FORMS, CALENDAR, TIME CLOCK SYSTEM, ETC.
- Develop a working knowledge about the organization and care of library materials and library services and programs.
- Sort and shelve library materials (alphabetically and numerically).
- Shelf read library stacks.
- Keep shelves in an orderly manner.
- Shift and move collections.
- Maintain signage for collections.
- Provide assistance and back-up for other areas of the Youth Services department as needed.
- Attend department meetings and other meetings
- Other tasks as assigned
Job Specific Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to file materials alphabetically and numerically.
- Must be able to work accurately and efficiently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to physically perform the essential job functions.
Send completed library employment application (http://rlalibrary.org/images/homepage/employment_application.pdf) to Debbie Allen, Head of Youth Services.